Child Support is money required by law to be paid by one parent to another to help cover the costs of raising their children. South Central Ohio Job & Family Services Child Support Division works to ensure that support is paid and received by:
The local child support system includes:
- Establishing and enforcing child support orders
- Establishing paternity (and administering paternity tests)
- Modifying child support orders
- Enforcing spousal support
- Providing other customer services
- South Central Ohio County Job & Family Services
- Ross County Juvenile and Court of Common Pleas
- Ross County Prosecutor's Office, and
- Ross County Sheriff's Department
The goal of the local child support system is to ensure that all children receive financial support from both their parents.
A court or administrative order determines the legal requirement to pay monthly child support and the amount of payment. Cases involving children born out-of-wedlock or to parents married but separated are handled through Juvenile Court. Divorce cases are handled through the Court of Common Pleas.
The Child Support Division of the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services collects and disburses child support checks. All payments made in Ross County through the Cashier's Office (located 475 Western Avenue, Suite B) are sent directly to the state account for disbursement. The payment window is open Monday - Friday 1:00 to 3:00 pm.
Our child support encompasses the following areas: